Hotel and resort networks present particular challenges as they need to cope with high-bandwidth traffic e.g. HD video and extreme demand peaks. They also need to integrate and manage priority traffic e.g. fire with leisure and entertainment demands.
Incamedia has considerable experience in the hotel and hospitality markets, especially for large sites where connections are required to multiple villas and hotel buildings, and in designing multi-layer network systems to provide:
- Satellite TV, video-on-demand (VOD), pay per view and billing systems
- Broadband, video and voice integration
- Security – fire, CCTV, door entry systems
- Environment – climate control, occupancy-based energy management
- Management – point-of-sale (POS), resort management software
- Use of FTTX Gigabit Passive Optical networks (GPON) and 802.11x wireless to ensure speed, reliability and resilience
Technology installations in quality hotels and resorts are developing fast. Recent innovations include hand-held guest check-in; mobile payment and access systems; touch-screen systems for room-service, restaurant reservations, remote room control and occupancy-based environment control; voice over wireless LAN for staff to staff communications; networked and biometric lock and access systems…
The ever-increasing number of applications and devices make network design and QoS more critical than ever before. Incamedia can advise on best of breed applications, their integration and underlying network design to ensure that your system is high on ROI and scalability and low on capital costs.